From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 16:31:35

Lakshmi Narasaiah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using boost library to serialize C++ object to XML format.
> Though the boost library does a good job in converting the class
> variables to name value pair we do not know how to add attributes to
> the nodes.

This would require enhancement of the xml_archive. Such an
enhancement could be made by deriving from the current xml_?archive.

> Also we do not know for instance if an XML file already
> exists how to insert child nodes.

This suggests a misconception as what Boost Serialization and xml_archive
can do. The xml file generated must be in sync with the C++ structures
that generated it. In general, you can't edit the xml file and know
that the xml_iarchive will be able to handle it. It might be possible
to add edit values or add some collection items - but that isn't addressed
by the current implementation.

Robert Ramey