From: Mat Marcus (mat-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 20:39:07

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Thorsten Ottosen
<thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Mat Marcus skrev:
>
> > In 1.34.1 we rely on boost::range::begin/end for const char* . That is
> > we can invoke something like:
> >
> > const char* range= "foo";
> > std::copy(boost::begin(range), boost::end(range), result);
> >
> > In 1.35.0, under MSVC 9.0, code similar to the above. Are there known
> > issues with range::end(const char*) in 1.35.0 (e.g. no longer
> > supported), or do I need to explore further?
>
> There are a number of changes to boost.range. I guess they should be
> written in the "updated libraries" section of the announcement. Is
> it still possible to update that section, Beman?
>
> -Thorsten

Could you please say a bit more about the rationale for the 1.35
changes? I have been unable to use the 1.35.0 version of
boost::begin/end/size on ranges due to failures of the type
calulcation metacode. Instead I've replaced a number of instances of
boost::size(some_range) with std::distance(boost::begin(some_range),
boost::end(some_range)), since the use of - operationstogether with
the current versions of begin/end causes deduction failures, etc.

 - Mat