From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 21:30:17

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Jonathan Biggar <jon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> And from my experience, much of an ORB implementation is pretty
> intricately tied into the C++ binding. Redevelopment of a new binding
> will touch a very large part of the ORB source code anyway.

Yes, this is very true.

Regarding what I suggested w/ Spirit, we would probably want to provide the
parser w/ more than a dummy generator. It would of course have to spit out
ORB-specific code.

Would be very cool if you could specify different generators for different
ORBs, or something like that.

> Having an ORB that uses the Boost Thread and ASIO libraries also means
> applications that use those boost libraries can easily use an ORB too
> without integration problems.

True to some extent. It's not that difficult to multiplex calls to
orb::run() or just give the orb its own thread.

If you have a nice modern C++ ORB implemented, then by all mean, make it
available.

Jon