From: Amit (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 13:18:00

Beman Dawes <bdawes <at> acm.org> writes:
> We would need a volunteer or volunteers to (1) do the testing, and (2)
> work with Intel and Boost developers to ensure that bugs get fixed.
>
> Sean Huang has been testing the trunk, and I've been testing the release
> branch. I really want to turn the release branch testing over to someone
> else, and find someone else to pester Intel and/or Boost developers when
> things break.
>
> So we basically need an Intel/Windows volunteer.

I can't really volunteer for nightly testing as I only have access to the
compiler at my employer's workplace. But can volunteer to investigate specific
issues, get clarifications from Intel etc.

Is there not a third way though: platforms lacking active volunteers need not
be constantly supported, but when a new release is imminent, casual volunteers
(like myself) be roped in to test the release to iron out any minor issues, or
if there are major problems, to at least figure out a subset of boost that would
work on these platforms?

Best,
Amit