From: Jeremy Cowles (jeremy.cowles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-07 12:33:49

Boris,

>> there is a JSON parser (based on Boost.Spirit) and a writer in
>> Boost.PropertyTree (see
>> http://kaalus.atspace.com/ptree/doc/index.html#json_parser). The problem
>> with the writer is though that all values (except numbers) are written as
>> strings (for example you load a boolean value true but it's written as
>> "true"). You might be able to use the code from Boost.PropertyTree though
>> (and maybe improve the writer, too ;).

Thank you for the links, I will definitely take your suggestion into
consideration. I have actually been doing some research on the different C++
JSON implementations, and there seems there is no *complete* end-to-end
solution. There are many holes and inconsistencies, like the one you
mentioned. My aim is to create a complete implementation, based on the
standard [i|o]archive Serialization interface that supports various encoding
formats, reads and writes, creates output in standard format, is well
documented and has tests. Do you think this is a worth while goal?

Jeremy