From: Amit (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-07 14:07:59

Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> You need to define BOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB when you build the static library. It
> should work if you're using MSVC as the backend for ICL.

Thanks, I figured it out. looking at the code (which I should admittedly have
done in the first place :) - BOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB needs to be defined for
tss_pe to be included in the build. I have done the build, but ICL does not like
data_seg pragma's in that file; I get 2 types of warnings:
a) warning #1026: pragma data_seg should be at global scope
b) warning #14: extra text after expected end of preprocessing directive

a) is probably because the pragmas are at namespace scope; don't know if this is
really a violation or the compiler being fussy.
b) this is generated for all data_seg(push, xxx) & data_seg(pop, xxx) pragmas.

No idea what the compiler is doing under the hood - documentation does not
mention anything about data_seg, and it is not in the list of unsupported
pragmas. Will test the code tomorrow & should have more information on the
outcome then.

But in the worst case, I suppose I can drop tss_pe.cpp from my build and then I
become responsible for cleaning up all tss I allocate?

Thanks
Amit