From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-09 07:02:24

Markus Werle <numerical.simulation <at> web.de> writes:

> So I tried the following command line with VS 2005 SP1:
>
> bjam --toolset=msvc-8.0 stage
>
> Seems to run fine, but I am missing most of the static libs,

Digging through the bjam docs and playing try/error I found that
  bjam link=static --toolset=msvc-8.0 stage

solves this issue.
I also found
http://www.nabble.com/-1.35--what-gets-built-and-installed--td14417464.html
and am a little bit offended by the fact that the massive change in what gets
built is not accompanied by appropriate highlighted text in the release notes
or the getting started section.
The overall high quality reputation of boost libraries gets tainted by the pain
it causes to get things up and running. My colleagues not to be convinced yet.

Also the link to installers is fine, but
http://www.boost-consulting.com/products/free does not contain one for
1.35. So either remove the link from the getting started guide or provide the
installer.

And in order to reduce the number of posts:
Please mention option "link=static" in the getting started guide in section 5.

Markus