From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-09 14:44:29

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I presume it still lives in more/getting_started.html. Ok, good.

You need to edit more/getting_started/*.rst.

> If I change
> it, will the changed version appear either boost.org, or beta.boost.org ?
>
>> The answer's no, the same for all documentation included in the
>> distribution.
>>

> Ok. Can this be changed, please?

It's not in my control. But it certainly shouldn't be updated from
trunk, since that documents trunk and not the current release. That
would prevent updating it for any new changes that don't apply to 1.35.

I suppose we could update the site documentation from the release
branch, if that is considered acceptable by the release manager.
Although that could end up with the situation we had before when there
were basically three different versions of the website - one in trunk,
one in release, and one online. These were often out of sync and a pain
to merge. The new website organisation wasn't designed out of malice.

Daniel