From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-12 10:00:54

John Maddock:

> Peter Dimov wrote:

>> A practical problem I have with (3) is that pthread_mutex_trylock
>> links and crashes. But I'm not sure whether this warrants any
>> changes. Maybe the correct way to deal with it is to mark it up and
>> move on.
>
> Do you have a test case?

Yes, it's the spinlock_try_test on

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/smart_ptr.html

Some of the tests results have disappeared though, and I no longer see
crashes (exit code 139, which is I believe a SIGSEGV). (All the intel-linux
results are gone, for example.) I only see one test failure due to a stubbed
pthread_mutex_trylock and one link failure due to a missing trylock.

The Sun failures will hopefully clear as soon as you commit the -lrt fix. (I
only have access to Windows at the moment, and can't test it, sorry. I
suggest you go ahead with it; I'll watch the table for breakages :-)