From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-14 00:06:00

On Sunday 13 April 2008 22:06, vicente.botet wrote:
> > 1) First - future<T>::add_callback(f).
> >
> > add_callback is a hook called when the future is fulfilled. End
> > users probably shouldn't have to touch it, but framework authors (who
> > write schedulers, asio, co-routines, etc) will DEFINITELY need it.

I agree with Braddock, although in libpoet I chose to make poet::future
depend on thread_safe_signals and so used signals/slots instead of rolling
yet another callback mechanism. The schedulers in libpoet rely on the
signals coming from futures to know when one of the method requests in
their queue has become ready so they can wake up and process it.

> > add_callback() enables the following:
> >
> > -Future Operators ((f1 && f2) || (f3 && f2) etc) - With add_callback,
> > custom
> > future_operators can be written by users.
> >
> >From the new documentation these operators are already provided by your
>
> library.
> I don't like too much the overloading of the && and || operators when
> they don't have logical semantics, but this is only a question of style

I too dislike the operator|| and && overloading. Hopefully, these
overloads are only enabled when the user deliberately includes a separate
header for them, making them optional.

--
Frank