From: Jurko GospodnetiÄ (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-14 12:58:33
> we discovered a compiler bug using Visual C++ 8.0 (SP1). This bug makes
> boost namespace items visible in the global namespace and so makes boost
> libraries conflict with other libraries.
This seems to be related to the bug I mentioned in the '[boost.pool]
Workaround for a msvc 7.1 & 8.0 bug surfaced in the boost 1.35 release'
from 8.4.2008. That post also includes two minimalistic examples for
reproducing the bug.
There I found a way to avoid it using some fully qualified
identifiers so perhaps something like this can help you.
Hope this helps.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk