From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-14 16:53:48

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> writes:

> AMDG
>
> Mat Marcus wrote:
>>> OK, one more thing to try: can you set <target-os>cygwin in your
>>> user-config.jam gcc setup?
>>>
>>> using gcc : 4.2.0 : : <target-os>cygwin ;
>>>
>>> The boost thread jamfile uses <target-os> to work out whether it's building
>>> for cygwin or native win32. It appears that <target-os> is not set correctly
>>> for you (which probably ought to be done in gcc.jam or somewhere like that),
>>> so explicitly setting it might work.
>>>

>>> Anthony
>>>

>> Thanks for the suggestion. No change yet.
>>
>> 1) I added the parameter to my user-config.jam file
>> using gcc : 4.2.0 : /opt/gcc-4.2.0/bin/g++.exe : <target-os>cygwin ;
>>
>> 2) I added it to my bjam invocation:
>>

> The thread Jamfile checks [ os.name ]...

Oops. That should be a check on target-os. I don't know jamfile syntax well
enough to fix that though --- I don't think <target-os> is available at that
point.

Anyway, that's the "default API" selection: threadapi=pthread can override
that.

So: can we try target-os=cygwin threadapi=pthread?

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk