From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-17 11:55:01

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Richard Webb wrote:
>
>>> compiling Boost Python while having the Boost TR1 headers in the
>> include
>>> path is broken in V1.35 (trunk as well, BTW), at least while using
>> VC8.1 on
>>> Windows or gcc on Cygwin.
>>
>> Sounds similar to the problem i've had with TR1/Fusion
>> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171545) ? .
>
> Does this mean it's rather a Boost.TR1 problem?

Sigh... it's a problem with TR1 modifying existing std lib headers :-(

Boost.TR1 needs to include <boost/function.hpp> to implement <functional>,
but <boost/function.hpp> needs to include <functional>. It's only possible
to fix it inside TR1 if you can tell by some mechanism that "we're in the
middle of including <boost/function/*.hpp> and haven't finished yet", which
is basically what including <boost/config/no_tr1/functional.hpp> gives you.

John.