From: Michael Dickey (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-17 18:23:09

I wrote a C++ lock free queue implementation recently based on the
Michael & Scott algorithm, that uses APR's atomics. It's available at:

http://svn.atomiclabs.com/pion-common/trunk/common/include/pion/PionLockFreeQueue.hpp

You're welcome to use it but you should be aware that it's not quite
debugged yet. It has issues when I tried using more than 1 producer
and 1 consumer thread. I wasn't sure if this was a mistake I made in
the code, or a limitation of the algorithm, but I assume it's the
former. Anyway, in the end I decided not to use the code for what I
was working on... But if you can find and fix the bug, it's all
yours! =)

Of course, it depends on APR's atomics.. Boost does not have any
compare-and-swap abstraction as I far as I know, which seems to be a
basic requirement for any lock-free programming. Or maybe it does and
I just don't know?

Take care,
-Mike