From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-18 01:55:40

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Themis Bourdenas <bourdenas_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but how exactly do you intend to
> combine boost::select<#> with STL algorithms? Let's say that you have a map
> and want to apply a functor on one of the members of the pair with the
> for_each algorithm using boost::select<#>.

Right now, I can't think of a way yet of how to do this. But the
intention here is to be able to do this:

transform(my_map.begin(), my_map.end(),
  boost::make_function_output_iterator(my_function),
  boost::select<0>());

This will take the first argument of the pair contained in the map and
feed it into 'my_function'.

I hope this makes sense.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris