From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-23 16:59:39

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 01:54 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
> 1. Changes esft.hpp to use the shared_count constructor to eliminate the
> circular initialization instead of sp_accept_owner overload(
> sp_deleter_wrapper* ). Stylistic change, not necessary, avoids testing a
> possible use of the sp_accept_owner mechanism.

I just noticed that by replacing _internal_shared_this with
_internal_shared_count (and saving one plain pointer), the
sp_accept_owner overload you mentioned is no longer called - there is
simply no shared_ptr ctor involved, otherwise the optimization would not
have been possible.

Is it OK to remove the overload now?

Regards, Daniel