From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-23 19:19:24

I downloaded Boost.Log from http://www.torjo.com/code/log2.zip to give it
a try but ran into two problems immediately (with VC++ 9.0 on Windows XP):

* In the (old?) documentation at
http://www.torjo.com/log2/doc/html/miscelaneous.html#misc_unicode a macro
called BOOST_LOG_DONOT_USE_WCHAR_T is mentioned which can be defined on
Windows to use char-based classes instead of wchar_t-based classes. This
macro doesn't seem to work though. I couldn't find any other macro I might
be able to define to use char-based classes if UNICODE is defined?

* The linker is trying to find a library called
boost_log-vc90-mt-gd-1_34_1.lib while the filename is really
libboost_log-vc90-mt-gd-1_34_1.lib. I renamed the file but got then a
linker error (unresolved external symbol "...
boost::logging::find_log_by_name(...)"). My code consists only of
BOOST_DECLARE_LOG and BOOST_DEFINE_LOG though (thus I would expect I can't
make much wrong here :)?

Anyone can help? Or is the zip archive I downloaded actually the latest
code?

Boris