From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 12:24:09

AMDG

Phil Bouchard wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I have made many bug fixes to the library and it now runs properly a
> previous example requested. The code is much more robust and I would like
> requesting everyone to replace any 2.x series with this one.
>
> There is unfortunately a situation on MSVC when shifted_ptr<> is used with
> arrays. I believe there is an array to pointer to array convertion problem
> at runtime (inside new_sh) but this issue needs to be further investigated.
> I disabled array functionality for MSVC until it can be fixed. Everything
> works fine under GCC.

I noticed that you included a modified form
of my list example. It is not equivalent. Because you are not
setting front in insert(), the test if(front.get() == 0) will always
be true. As a result the list will always have size 1 which defeats the
purpose of the test. The original crashes on msvc 9.0.

HEAP[shifted_ptr.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block 3f6680 modified at 3f66ac
after it was freed

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe