From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-26 15:32:20

On Saturday 26 April 2008 09:48, Peter Dimov wrote:
> This ease with which one might inject subtle failures in remote code
> (such as Boost.Python, incidentally) makes me think that sp_accept_owner
> is a bit too dangerous. Maybe its shared_ptr argument needs to be made
> const. This would break the new constructorful esft though.

Users can already define their sp_accept_owner to take a const argument,
and could be encouraged to do so by the documentation. And if we did a
const_cast of "this" to make it const before passing it to
sp_accept_owner, a determined user could just as easily reverse it with
another const_cast.

--
Frank