From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-28 11:16:06

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> One more thing to note about the case of terminating graph algorithms
> with exceptions: these algorithms have *lots* of hooks for each
> iteration of the process, each of which might need to terminate the
> algorithm
> (e.g. http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/graph/doc/DFSVisitor.html
> ),
> so that can add up to quite a few tests for each iteration of the inner
> loop, which can be avoided if EH is used.

Right. However, what we would like to accomplish here is to move away from
speculation over how poorly one method performs over the other, and gather
some good empirical data that covers all (or at least the most prevalent)
usage patterns.

Jon