From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-29 14:39:57

Steven wrote:
>http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

According to the submission process I've just reached the refinement
stage with my GTL library. Some months back we discussed some of the
implementation details of my library, including the unorthodox use of
static cast from the unknown template parameter base type to the GTL
derived type, which the group concluded was not safe according to the
standard.

Now that I have *finally* gotten permission to release the library to
boost I was hoping that we could resume that discussion, come up with a
workable alternative that satisfies everyone, and I can proceed to
rewrite the library and "refine" it to the point that it is ready for
formal review.

I want to rewrite the library so that it will be acceptable for formal
review. I was hoping for feedback on what changes you would like to see
and whether you still believe pursuing eventual review is worthwhile,
now that you can see the code and we can share specifics of the
algorithms. Is everyone particularly busy right now preparing for an
upcoming release or the boost conference in Aspen?

Thanks,
Luke