From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-03 14:43:16

1. Why doesn't --build-type=complete work when invoked from a library build
directory?

I needed to build libboost_serialization-vc71-mt-sgd.lib yesterday and went
through quite a few attempts to get the options right (from within the
serialization build directory). I see now that it would've been easier to
use --with-serialization from the top level, but why doesn't the "intuitive"
way work as expected?

2. Why doesn't runtime-link=static work for a test? I'm getting:

Skipping build of: libs/smart_ptr/test/shared_ptr_test <build>no in common
properties

when invoking for example

C:\boost\trunk>bjam runtime-link=static libs/smart_ptr/test//shared_ptr_test