From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-03 15:45:33

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Rene Rivera:
>> I had to put in a special check to disable the build-type option in
>> anything but the root to prevent problems with testing. As testing, and
>> other builds, assume that the default builds happen.
>
> But testing builds don't explicitly specify --build-type=complete on the
> command line, do they? If not given, the build type will still default to
> whatever testing builds expect.

No. The default, as specified in the testing Jamfiles, will be
overridden by the --build-type logic forcing to build the
build-type=minimal libs. And specifying --build-type=complete would also
override the default Jamfile build to build all the variants. So neither
is the historically expected outcome for testing. I'm not saying we
shouldn't support the use case... Just that it caused problems and I
worked around it at the time by only supporting --build-type at the root.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything