From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 06:50:24

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> I checked a gtl project into the sandbox so that I can keep
> postings to the list more brief while allowing people to see
> the up to date and correctly compiling state of the re-design
> and re-implementation of the library interfaces.

> sandbox/gtl/gtl/point_concept.h (contents, props changed)
>
> The code in the sandbox is intended to conform to boost
> standards. Feel free to point out instances where I may have
> failed to do so.
>
> Thanks,
> Luke

I am still a bit unsure about the 'concept' word that is being thrown
around. When I hear it I immediately think of BCCL and things like this
video by Douglas Gregor
(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1790714981047186825&hl=en)

The reason I mention this is that the point_concept.h file has no
constraints, so it cant be used with BCCL, as far as I know.

I am thinking of concepts like described here:
http://www.boost.org/community/generic_programming.html#concept
and in the BCCL
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/concept_check/creating_concept
s.htm
or even just documentation for concepts in SGI format
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/table_of_contents.html

I dont know if I have a narrow opinion here, but this is what I am
interested in even more than algorithms or actual models of
'PointConcept' or whatever.

-- John