From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 10:22:17

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Frank Mori Hess:
>> On Thursday 08 May 2008 04:51 am, Anthony Williams wrote:
>>> To this end, unique_lock is default-constructible and movable, and
>>> supports
>>> lock and unlock operations.
>>
>> Since when is unique_lock default-constructible? You just mean it has a
>> defer_lock_t constructor, right?
>
> It does have a default constructor.

The C++0x one does. boost::unique_lock doesn't. I think I'll add one.

> Movable types have to have an "empty"
> state in which to put the moved-from source, and the default constructor of
> a movable type usually creates such an "empty" object.

> (The proposed promise doesn't adhere to this "convention" though.)

I think it should. That would also get rid of the promise_moved
exceptions. I'll post my revised implementation soon.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk