From: Neil Mayhew (neil_mayhew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 09:35:44

On 2006-06-22 at 13:35:36, Beman Dawes wrote:
> There is an update to my endian proposal available at ...
>
> The docs can be read online at ...
>
> This update:
>
> * Reflects all comments received to date.
> * Makes the proposal part of the Boost integer library.
> * Docs have been updated and expanded.
> * Native endianness has be implemented.
>
> The proposal is mostly done at this point and is essentially ready for
> a formal review.

Did anything ever come of this? I've been searching through all the list
postings on this, dating back to 2000, and it doesn't look like this
library ever made it into boost proper. It's exactly what I've been
looking for, and I would really like to use it in my work, but I can't
justify that if it's not an official part of boost. I also would hate to
reinvent this particular wheel. Please could someone get this moving again?

Also, where would I now find the version of this code that was put up
for review? The links in the original message are no longer current.

--Neil