From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-14 01:01:31

AMDG

Daniel Walker wrote:
> I think that binding multiple signatures
> to a single function object by default, without the user explicitly
> requesting it, may not be a good thing. My initial preference is to
> allow ref() for these situations, as Marco has suggested, but I'll
> reserve judgement until I can better see where y'all are going with
> it.

I suspect that there are really two tools here. One which allows
separate function objects to be bound to each signature, more like
a fusion sequence or something. The other binds all overloads to
a single object. Neither one is easily implementable in terms of the other.
If all the signatures are bound at once, then it is difficult to later
change
just one. If the functions are bound separately, then there is a
significant
size overhead compared to using a single object.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe