From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-20 04:35:13

Hello,

I have a question about the Boost.Optional documentation, explicitly
about the paragraph on "Requirement Portability"
<http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/utility/operators.htm#portability>:

Is this really true? Can someone please provide any reference to the
standard? And if it is true, would that mean that for *any* map<T,U>
requires that U is DefaultConstructible as this is required by
map<T,U>::operator[], regardless of whether operator[] is used or not?
(It's actually a little bit different because the Boost.Operators
library uses friend functions).

I have read 14.7 and discussed it with two colleagues, and we agree that
the documentation is wrong and that this paragraph should simply be
removed, but I would just like to check that I haven't overlooked
something.

Regards, Daniel