From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-20 12:25:41

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while trying to add serialization support for fusion sequences I came
> across the need to figure out whether a given type actually is an
> archive. Is there a boost::serialization::is_archive<> metafunction
> available? And if not, what's the best way to implement this?

Hmmm - I chuckled when I read this. It seems that I would be asking
you this question rather than the other way around.

Giving it a tiny bit of thought leads me to wonder:

First thought is one could use something like is_base_derived to
verify that it derived from from one of the common base classes.
This solution would probably be sufficient for most practical
purposes.

But, it seems to me that the real thing would be:

models_archive_concept<T>

Which is really piques my interest and curiousity. It would
be a general thing like

models_concept<T, C> where C is some sort of "conept type"

Food for thought for those with time on thier hands.

Robert Ramey