From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-20 12:41:18

Hello,

> Actually, a rationale could be provided for pow<0>(0) == 1. But it should be
> explained in the documentation. Alternatively, you could use a policy class, I
> suppose. Either way, pow<0> should probably be handled as a special case, not
> in positive_power.

As returning 1 makes sense in most cases, I'd be inclined to simply
state this behavior in the doc.

We can use policies, but in this case I vote for having 2 different
policies for negatives powers of 0 and 0^0, with throw_on_error as a
default for the first one and ignore_error (namely: return 1) for the
second one.

Bruno