From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 02:13:02

on Tue May 20 2008, Juergen Hunold <juergen.hunold-AT-ivembh.de> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> On Tuesday 20 May 2008, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> David Abrahams wrote:
>> > Did the 1.35.0 release ever get tagged as such? I think that's a
>> > rather important step in the release process, but I can't find an
>> > appropriate tag. Did I miss it?
>>
>> Apparently not. I'll fix that.
>>
>> Hum... I don't see any tags for any past releases. Something is
>> amiss. Maybe they never got transfered over from CVS?
>
> They got moved to:
>
> svn ls https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release
>
> Running "svn log" on some CVS tag finds:
>
> svn log --stop-on-copy
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_30_0
> r44321 | grafik | 2008-04-12 07:21:24 +0200 (Sat, 12 Apr 2008) | 1 line
>
> Cleanup release tags.

Huh. Well, if we're going to collect all release tags into a
subdirectory called "release," can we also collect all non-release tags
into a different subdirectory? Otherwise, because a tag is just a
directory copy, it looks like we have a tag called "release." It just
gets really hard to keep track of what's going on.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing