From: Matus Chochlik (chochlik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 03:49:13

Hi Ervin,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Adrovic, Ervin <ervin.adrovic_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Thanks Matus,
>
> Do you have any sample how to copy list of files using boost.asio?
> It is not just to stream binary data of file I need to send some meta data (filenames, ...) for multiple files.
> Is there any standard way doing that?

I would suggest looking at FTP, SFTP or SCP specification
and turning it to your needs.

Here is the link to the FTP protocol specification:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc959/

I don't have any sample code how to do it with Boost.Asio,
but there are lots of working examples of FTP servers/clients
on the Web and Asio has a good documentation
including the whole sources of several similar apps.

Hope it helps :)

best regards,

--
::matus_chochlik