From: Eric Hill (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 16:10:14

> Another advantage to Robert's suggestion is that you probably get some
> error detection thrown in - for very good measure.
>
> If you are building a system for controlling warehouse picking, you must
> surely be considering some error detection/correction?

Error detection is in my scope of work, however correction is not. That
is to say that I need to know when a transmission error has occurred
(common over slow radio links in a factory) but do not need to do anything
fancy to reconstruct the missing data, rather just request a re-transmit.

> Of course, anything with iostreams is complicated but
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/iostreams/doc/index.html
>
> gives you a good start.

I've poured through the iostreams library quite a bit, and I love the
concept of buffered sources and sinks. I haven't quite figured out how to
tie iostreams into asio yet, but I'm working on it. ;)

Eric