From: Marcus Lindblom (macke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 05:12:44

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Florent Teichteil wrote:
>
>> I suggest program_options should parse the entire option string until
>> reaching a '=' or ' ' character, and then trying to recognize this
>> option.
>
> This is by design. There's a style option 'allow_guessing' that's on by
> default, but you can always pass a different style to the parse_command_line
> function.

This caught me with some surprise, being not-unixy. (*test* Hm, seems to
be like that in cygwin at least!)

Isn't that a bit dangerous, as a misspelled argument may go undetected
and adding a new argument (shorter substring) may cause things to go
haywire?

I understand why following the unix-default is a good thing, but I feel
a bit worried about it. Or perhaps I needn't be?

Cheers,
/Marcus

P.S. program_options rocks! :)