From: Bo Persson (bop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 14:29:14

Paul Baxter wrote:
> From: "Marshall Clow" <marshall_at_[hidden]>
> Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
>> So .... I guess the question is:
>> With a release of boost every 3 months, do we need point
>> releases (except in the case of a big mistake)? To put a very fine
>> point on it, is there a reason to do a 1.35.1 release as well as a
>> 1.36?
>
> I echo this sentiment because I see how hard the release team have
> to work for each release. Very much appreciated.

We might want to consider how users of the library see this. Is it
certain that everyone wants feature changes every quarter, or is bug
fixes for an existing release more useful?

A large OS and software producer once had quarterly compiler releases,
but was asked by its customers to stop that!

Bo Persson