From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-24 04:51:59

Hello,

Luke, your considerations make sense but one thing is sure: the
compilation time increases with the number of distinct N values with
which a class template gets instantiated, simply because the compiler
recompiles it. And this is the whole point of the solutions being
discussed here.

Tomorrow I hope I'll have the time to make a complete perf test suite
with different compilers (probably gcc-4, msvc-8, msvc-9) and show the
results here. I'd like to measure for each solution the compilation
time, the execution time, and the executable size.

Bruno