From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 03:19:07

Beman Dawes schrieb:
> So the main help would be careful review and
> commenting on a revised version. I'll try to get that out in a week or so.

I use version 0.8:

Questions:

1) Would it be possible to add a conversion operator to char* ? At least
for unaligned types
     this looks useful to me since it would avoid ugly casts in cases
where conversion is safe.

2) I'd like to be able to initialize a struct containing endian<> types
by making it a reference
    to some buffer. E.g.

    char buf[1234];
    my_struct& ms(buf);

    What would be needed to make this possible? (I'd expect this only to
work if the
     entire struct contains of unaligned char[].) Is this feasible at all?

3) The naming endian for the lib does not caption its "real" purpose. At
least I was not
    aware of it altough I was searching for it. I'd suggest something as
ptype.hpp for
    _P_ortable _TYPES_.

Regards,
speedsnail