From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-27 16:33:50

Beman Dawes:

> Boost.Filesystem's wide_test is failing on trunk due to
> enable_error_info.hpp compile errors. It's happening with many (or maybe
> all) compilers. See below for typical error messages.

> instantiation of "void boost::throw_exception(const E &) [with E=char
> [29]]" at line 114 of "..\libs\filesystem\test\wide_test.cpp"

boost::throw_exception( x ) has always had an implicit requirement that x
needs to derive from std::exception (because it's declared as taking
std::exception const& as an argument when BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS is defined).
This requirement wasn't enforced though. We are enforcing it now, hence the
error.