From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-29 16:51:50

2008/5/29, Scott McMurray <me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden]>:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Joachim Faulhaber
> <afojgo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > My generic library code has no problem with the 'value nature' of
> > built in types. Because from the initial default constructed value
> >
> > unsigned int x = int(); // x = 0 you can reach
> > ++x // x = 1
> > ++x // x = 2^32
> >
> > and thus all values of the types set of values.
> >
> > This is not the case for boost::date_time objects like e.g.
> > ptime
> >

> Nor is it the case for floating point numbers.

Yes, but I specifically addressed integral numerical types here

> Nor, technically, for signed numbers, where overflow is impl-defined
> (or worse, afaik).

speaking of the finite set of machine represented values and their
reachability by any operators (e.g. --) of a signed integral numerical
type, yes.

I am only emphasizing on default ctor and ++ because these were the
minimally required operations on an integral types T in
itl::interval<T> to write code that seemed to be fairly generic.

Regards
Joachim