From: Maik Beckmann (beckmann.maik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-30 11:49:27

Hi boosters,

On WinXP32 I'm using the gcc-4.3.0 released as an alpha version by the mingw
folks. The alpha status is AFAIK because it has to tested to some extend
before it can be considered stable.

Installing this compiler and make it work AFAIK doesn't work with any of
the .exe mingw installer. The mingw-runtime, binutils etc. have to be
downloaded an extracted by hand. Additionally the c++config.h should be
altered to not performing concepts checks, since this isn't enabled in any
linux-distro I know.

I've done that and got the mingw folder packed as and 180MB sized .tgz .
While I'm not recommending compiling anything for production, it might be
helpful for the library authors working on windows and want to check if their
code works.

Is there interest by the windows centric authors to get it and are the
boost-consulting people willing to host such a package at their servers?

Best,
 -- Maik