From: Ryan Gallagher (ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-31 20:09:51

Jonathan Biggar <jon <at> biggar.org> writes:

> Is this finally going to make it into a release? 1.36?

I had the same question a couple months back. The reply I received
pointed me to the following interesting message from Marcin:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171825

Basically, it appears that there is some work that still is
required for this library, especially on moving the documentation
to Boost.Book.

My reply (and more information on the delay) is here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/173006/

As you can see I mentioned that I might be able to help out
with the documentation if I could find some time to learn
about the doc chain.

Fortunately, I was finally able to find some time recently to
do this. Currently I have converted Marcin's original docs
to QuickBook format. I also ran into issues with the
reference section looking horrible. I am currently working
around bugs(?) in doxygen's xml generation and trying to
improve this. It's starting to near an acceptable state and
I hope to have a couple patches to upload in a few days. The
documentation would still require further work as the old
docs on which this is based are fairly out-of-date, but this
can probably be dealt with before release.

Anyhow, I'll upload some patches for the docs in a few days
for review. If they're somewhat acceptable then
hopefully we can move forward with fixing the remaining
blockers for this library and get it included in 1.36. At
least this is the hope that I have.