From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-06 05:59:19

"Phil Bouchard" <philippe_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Firstly after defining my own sh::pool allocator new doors opened on their
> own and now I am able to replace the "new_sh<>()" function call with a
> much more neat C++ approach with "new shifted<>()". For example instead
> of:
>
> shifted_ptr<char[9]> u = new_sh<char[9]>();
>
> Now we can write:
> shifted_ptr<char[9]> u = new shifted<char[9]>();
>
> This will allows us defining STL container allocators more easily because
> of the distinct steps the constructor and allocator are called; new_sh<>()
> was mixing them altogether.

[...]

Ok I just added a skeleton for a STL compliant allocator called
"shifted_allocator" in "sh_owned_base_nt.hpp" of my sandbox. This is an
example of how it should be written, unfortunately I wasn't able to make it
compile but this is basically the final step. There are some FIXME in the
header and shifted_ptr_test2.cpp file.

Thanks,
-Phil