From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-07 20:58:22

Daniel Walker wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Daniel, sorry if this is late.

> With all the recent discussion about Functional Programming, I thought
> I'd take a closer look at some of the FP libraries that I haven't
> really used before, and I started last night by browsing through
> Phoenix's documentation. This led me to a few questions:
>
> Does Phoenix allow side-effects

Yes.

> or is it "pure" functional like Fusion

Huh? Fusion also allows side-effects.

> and FC++? Does it allow modification of arguments by reference -
> either builtin references or reference_wrapper?

Yes, both.

> What is the status of the Phoenix msvc port? The documentation seems
> to indicate that it's possible but not necessarily forthcoming.

Phoenix works with all modern C++ compiler. That comment is
outdated and refers to MSVC 6 and 7.

> Is there any immediate plan to make Phoenix interoperable with the
> coming standard library's std::bind, std::placeholders,
> std::is_bind_expression, and std::is_placeholder?

Let's see how it goes. Eric just recently did an amazing port
of Phoenix to Proto bumping the version to 3.0. I intend to
be active with Phoenix dev soon.

... I believe the rest (rank-2) was already discussed in some of
the exchanges.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman