From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-10 12:43:08

The problem with ths fix is that the current system reads the number of
bytes and advances
the iterator only that number of bytes. So if I were to make this change, I
would also have to make another change on the base64 input. But then I
would have a problem with reading old archives which woudn't have the extra
byte.

Nevertheless, I would much like to see a correct, portable and more widely
usable version of this iterator.

So, If you would like to see this do the following:

a) open up a track ticket on this.
b) post patch for output AND input
c) run tests - at least test_bas64 iterator

Then I'll look at rolling it in - along with tweaks to make it backward
compatible
for existing archives.

Let no good deed go unpunished.

Robert Ramey