From: Jonathan Biggar (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-13 09:44:39

Stefano Delli Ponti wrote:
> Jonathan Biggar wrote:
>> Status report...
>> I've got to take one more pass over everything and add boost
>> compatible copyright headers, and then I'll make an alpha version
>> available for people to play with.
>>

> This is very good news!
> What about the IDL compiler?

The IDL compiler is still in perl at this point. I did take the time to
convert the C++/bison based grammar parser to pure perl using yapp,
since BBv2 was giving me fits trying to set it up to build a loadable
perl extension.

Converting the IDL compiler to wave/spirit is a significant project. I
plan to start on that after I get an alpha package out. I do have some
cool ideas on how to architect it so that the boilerplate generated code
segments are kept in library files that are read in at runtime to avoid
having to rebuild the IDL compiler after every little code tweak.

--
Jon Biggar
Floorboard Software