From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 16:01:45

On 16/06/2008, Kasra (Math & ComSci) <kasra_n500_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am new to boost. I don't seem to find cryptographic secure hash functions available on the library, why?

I'm assuming that when you say 'the library' you mean
Boost.Functional/Hash. This library's only intent is to provide a
generic hash function for STL-like hash tables. Cryptographic hash
functions are out of the scope for the library and would belong in a
different library altogether.

> I have planed cryptograhic hash functions for a project of mine. So if it could become part of the library I could stanrdise it for boost.
>
> How could I propose this new extention to the library?

You'd have to go through the review process.

http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

I expect there would be plenty of interest.

Daniel