From: brass goowy (brass_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 01:02:07

Matthias Troyer writes: >On Jun 17, 2008, at 6:11 AM, brass goowy wrote: >> >> I have a bit of a beef with the efficient part at least in places -- http://webEbenezer.net/comparison.html >> . >> Preliminary results on Boost 1.35 and MSVC9 show only minor >> differences from the 1.34.1 and MSVC8 >> results. > >For 1.35 we have optimized serialization of array-like containers such >as std::vector, std::valarray, C-arrays and similar, which are most >important in high performance applications. There we now have >performance gains of factors of 8 or more in some cases. Have you >tried timing the serialization of a vector<int> ? Not recently. I agree that vector and C-arrays are used heavily in some domains. But there are high performance applications that can't use those exclusively. Brian Wood www.webEbenezer.net