From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-19 13:12:51

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] [date-time][threads] Integrating C++0x clocks, time
points, and durations into Boost?

> Jeff Garland wrote:
>>... As I said above we have some boost specific concerns that we may need
>> address in our implementation. I think I'll want to put the new stuff in
>> new namespace -- do we have anything for 0x yet? Maybe boost::cpp0x or
>> boost::cpp0x::date_time?
>
> One thing that came out of the LWG's discussion of N2615 was a strong (10
> for, 0 against) preference for putting the clock/duration/time_point stuff
> in a sub-namespace. While the LWG reserves the right to make future
> sub-namespace decisions on a case-by-case basis, there was strong support
> for sub-namespaces for specific problem domains, particularly those with a
> lot of very common names inside. Perhaps that can guide your choices.
>
> Hum... I think we should follow the Boost TR1 practice, which provides the
> actual declarations and definitions in a boost:: sub-namespace, and then
> provides a <boost/tr1/whatever> header that hoists the names into
> namespace std::tr1 with usings.

This is valid for an existing boost library that is later accepted for the
TR1, but not for a library that is accepted for the TR1 and need an
implementation in boost.

> So in this case, we would provide a <boost/cpp0x/chrono> header with names
> in namespace std::chrono. The names would be hoisted into that namespace
> via usings from a boost namespace such as your suggested
> boost::cpp0x::date_time or boost::date_time::cpp0x or
> boost::date_time::chrono or whatever.
>
> How does that sound?

I don't understand. boost::tr1is already used for all the TR1 additions of
c++0x? So why not place all these files directly on the boost/tr1 directory
with namespace std::tr1 or a more specific one?

Am I missed some thing?

Vicente