From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-22 01:02:52

Eric Niebler wrote:

> Matthias Troyer wrote:
>> I have actually waited for a new release branch to be created for 1.36,
>> since I had always assumed that that branch was for the 1.35.1 release.
>> Well, it seems that unless we still get permission to mere changes 1.36
>> will go out with the same bugs as 1.35
>
> The release branch is still open for bug fixes.

But as already discussed, there's limited point of merging bug fixes to the
release branch if there's no 1.35.1 planned, because then those bug fixes
can only be obtained by checking out the branch from SVN directly, and only
until first big merge from trunk is done.

It seems everybody is still confused about release management, so it would
be nice if release management team say in clear:

1. Will there be 1.35.1?
2. Should there be a branch where fixes for 1.35.1 be checked in
3. If answer to (2) is "yes", then what's the name of that branch? Clearly
it cannot be "release", since otherwise maintenance of 1.35 will stop
before 1.36 is in any shape at all.

- Volodya