From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-24 07:04:57

2008/6/23 David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:

> A few litmus tests we could consider are the ability to work with
> http://www.coderage.com/move_ptr, the usual std::auto_ptr
> implementations, and the one proposed in
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.std.c++/msg/71e5799e3c1b70c7

I don't expect to support everything that's out there. But
std::auto_ptr is an important case.

>> I think that's pretty much what Ion is proposing for the Interprocess
>> containers.
>
> Well, yeah, but I mean for the regular std:: containers

You might have confused the Interprocess containers with the Intrusive
ones. The Interprocess containers are STL containers with full
allocator support. This is needed because most STL implementations
only have the bare minimum so they won't work with the Interprocess
allocators. There's some documentation at: http://tinyurl.com/4jyocx
and http://tinyurl.com/3vxrt2

Daniel